This Privacy Notice describes how Lula Technologies, Inc. (“we”, “us”, or “our”) collects, uses, and discloses personal information in connection with our various insurance-related services and offerings (“Services”), our website and online platform, and any other website or services that link to this Privacy Notice, or when you otherwise communicate with us. This Privacy Notice also tells you about your rights and choices with respect to your personal information, and how you can reach us to get answers to your questions.
When we receive or process information for our own purposes, such as contact or billing information of parties directly using our services (“customers”), this Privacy Notice applies. When we receive or process information on behalf of our customers, such as contact or background information of renters or drivers of our customers and individuals applying to become renters or drivers (“clients”), the privacy practices that apply to the processing of that information are governed by our customer’s Privacy Notice.
Our online platform often involves the collection of personal information from clients of our customers’ vehicles. The clients of our customers (as well as individuals applying to become renters and drivers) are not our customers. We refer to information received by our customers from their renters and drivers as “driver information.”You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
- What Personal Information We Collect
"Personal information" (also referred to as "Personal Data" in some jurisdictions) is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. We collect personal information from a variety of sources, including from you directly (e.g., when you contact us via our website), information we generate about you in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., data collected from cookies and similar technologies as described below), and information we collect about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as public databases (where permitted by law). We may also collect certain personal information about you as required by law, or as a consequence of our contractual relationship.
Information we collect from you
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
● Identifier information, such as a name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, account credentials, or other similar identifiers;
● Professional or employment-related information, such as your employer or title;
● Business contact information, such as email address or phone number;
● Demographic information (e.g., gender or age); and
● Correspondence, such as support requests, feedback or other messages you send to us.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including our affiliates, business partners or third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud.
We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
Cookies and similar tools
Most browsers allow you to control and erase cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may degrade your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. Additionally, website users who do not want their data collected with Google Analytics can visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that our site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Keep in mind that, if you opt out of interest-based advertising on our website, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. Please also note that you will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
● Identification and authentication. We use your identification information to verify your identity when you access and use our Services, or otherwise engage with us, and to ensure the security of your personal information.
● Service operations. We process your personal information to provide the Services that you request.
● Service improvements. We analyze usage information, including site analytics, to continually improve the user experience.
● Communications. Communications may include providing information about changes to the terms and conditions, information about our products and services, updates regarding our services, employment-related information, or responses to questions you pose. Please note that you may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by following the instructions on our marketing messages. After unsubscribing, you may still receive non-marketing communications from us.
● Marketing. We may use your personal information to build a profile about you, to understand your preferences and to help determine which marketing materials (for example, region- or sector-focused) would be of interest to you.
● Exercising our rights. We may use your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law.
● Complying with our obligations. We may process your personal information to carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, when required by law.
● Customizing your experience. We may use your personal information to improve your experience of the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests.
We may also anonymize your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company, and may use this anonymized information for any other purpose.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
● Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may disclose information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also disclose information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
● Compliance with Law or Other Legal Process. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
● Business Partners and Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties that perform marketing services and other business operations. For example, we may partner with companies to process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize services, send newsletters and marketing messages, support email and messaging services, and analyze information. These service providers may include advertising agencies and fraud prevention agencies which will use your personal information only in the ways described in this notice.
● Social Media Platforms and Networks. Our website and platform may feature plugins, widgets, or and other tools made available by third parties that may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third-party. Their use of your information is not governed by this Privacy Notice.
How We Protect Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable standards of technology and operational security designed to protect the personal information we collect from disclosure, loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Services.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
● Third-Party Applications/Websites. Our website and platform may include links to websites or applications that are owned or operated by third parties. Please note that any personal information that you provide to such third parties will be governed by their privacy policies, and we have no control over or responsibility for their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about what information is collected and how it is used and/or disclosed prior to providing any personal information. ● Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may compile, use and disclose anonymized, aggregated reporting and statistics generated from the use of our various insurance-related services and offerings for our lawful business purposes. None of these anonymised, aggregated reports or statistics will enable users or customers to be personally identified.
● Processing in the United States. If you visit this site or contact us from outside the United States, you consent to the processing of your information in the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. Please be advised that some of the laws of the United States may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own jurisdiction.
● Changes to This Privacy Notice. We may change our Privacy Notice and practices over time. Our Privacy Notice includes an “effective” and “last updated” date. The effective date refers to the date that the current version took effect. The last updated date refers to the date that the current version was last substantively modified.
● Children. The Services are not designed for, intended to track, or directed towards children under the age of thirteen (13) years. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, please email us at the address provided below. If we become aware that a user of the Services is under the age of thirteen (13) and has provided us with personal information without prior parental consent, we will delete such personal information from our files.
- Contact Information
- If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
- Email: email@example.com
Telephone: (855) 241-9318
LULA Technologies, Inc.
PO BOX 566747
Miami, FL 33256
- Effective Date: March 7th, 2022
Last Updated: March 7th, 2022